VMware Horizon Community
Lanes007
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot get Client Agents to Communicate with Connection Server

I have a tiered infrastructure with virtual desktops on Tier 1, my View Security Server on Tier 2, View Manager (Connection Server) on Tier 3. Even though I have ports 8009, 4001, 3389, 443, 80 open where they should be, I cannot get my VDs to properly talk with the connection server. I've rebooted all machines in various orders, reinstalled the View Agent on the VD's, recreated Desktop Pools, etc..... with no success. Befor I completely start from scratch, I figured I would see what all of you had to say. Please help me!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Have you checked logs on where you're filtering the TCP ports? Your firewall block/drop log?

-KjB

VMware vExpert

Don't forget to leave points for helpful/correct posts.

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
Lanes007
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what my network admin had to say on that:

" I'm getting reset's on both ends......

Sep 17 10:01:30 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx%PIX-6-302013: Built outbound TCP connection 216665002 for hcom:192.168.64.4/4001 (192.168.64.4/4001) to inside:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1471(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1471)

Sep 17 10:01:30 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx%PIX-6-302014: Teardown TCP connection 216665002 for hcom:192.168.64.4/4001 to inside:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1471 duration 0:00:00 bytes 0 TCP Reset-O "

Traffic is flowing both ways. I've tested, using telnet, all of the communication ports that VMWare documentation states need to be opened. It appears as if either the client agents or the Connection server are not initiating communication

0 Kudos
Lanes007
Contributor
Contributor

Update......I've placed a virtual desktop on tier 3 just to eliminate firewall issues, but I'm still getting the same result. The virtual desktops are still in a "waiting for agent" state in "Desktop Sources" and I cannot connect to it through the View Client. It appears as though the clients or the connection server is not intiating communication over port 4001. I've uninstalled, reinstalled the agent, rebooted again and again......No idea how to proceed.....

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Silly question, but you have made sure that windows firewall is disabled on our connection server and/or your desktops?

-KjB

VMware vExpert

0 Kudos
Lanes007
Contributor
Contributor

haha, not silly.....but yes, i have the clients firewalls disabled.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Can you manually make sure you can reach the server's ports using telnet, and make sure the ports are open both into and out of the connection server?

-KjB

VMware vExpert

0 Kudos
Lanes007
Contributor
Contributor

I have done so. One problem is that I cannot telnet over 4001 from the connection server to the virtual desktop. I've done a "netstat -an" but it does not show the client listening on 4001.

0 Kudos
Lanes007
Contributor
Contributor

Well, VMWare tech support has no clue why View will not work with vSphere. I guess I have to wait until version 4 comes out

0 Kudos
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

View 3 doesn't work with vSphere at all... as far as we have been told by VMWare.

0 Kudos