VMware Horizon Community
ccie4481
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cant create Pool - active directory host unavailable

Team

When i create a linked clone Desktop Pool im getting the error Active directory host unavailable...when i run dcdiag from the Viewconnection server everything returns fine/successful...I can ping the domain name itself and the DC controller just fine from the network...Any idea where i can look to see what the issue is here??

Thanks in advance

Shaun

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You should do all these test from the vCenter server, that where View Composer is running and that is what joins the VM:s to the domain.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check the follwoing information http://communities.vmware.com/message/1587704

Hope this information helps you. http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbulletin-smile.gif

0 Kudos
ccie4481
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks...i have checked that post before i posted this one...i can ping the DCs and DNS is fine...Also when i run dcdiag it reports that the Domain is good when i run it from the view connection server

0 Kudos
griffinboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

From your connection server can you open ADSI Edit (administrative tools), connect to the Default Naming Context and browse the directory? or browse through Active Directory Sites and Services?

VCPID: 40118 (VCP310, VCP4)
0 Kudos
ccie4481
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes sir i can

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You should do all these test from the vCenter server, that where View Composer is running and that is what joins the VM:s to the domain.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos