VMware Horizon Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Conection Broker ??

It appears that I may need to reinstall my internal connection broker since my connection server service won't start and my question is about the reinstall.  When i reinstall am I going to make it a secondary or a prinmary connection broker?  I currently have a secondary that handles my external connectoins but i need to reinstall my internal which was my primary in the beginning.  Any thoughts??

0 Kudos
6 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you want to do a complete reinstall of your primary, then make sure everything is removed (Connection Server and AD LDS instance) and then install it as a replica Connection Server. During installation you can reference the existing replica so that you inherit all the existing configuration.

It does depend on why you need to reinstall. You should look at the logs to determine why the service is not starting. This is very unusual. If the cause is because of something on your OS, you should first reinstall the OS before doing the new replica install.

Mark

mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You would install it as a replica and point it to the current functioning Connection broker.    The primary/secondary roles are misleading in my opinion because once a replica is added to the environment you have a replica group.

Or you can just listen to Mark.  He really knows what he is talking about Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Now when i try to install as a replica server it gets most of the way throught the install then rolls back and won't install.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Did you remove the ADAM database and the connection broker installation from the previous install?    Any messages before the roll back? 

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did not uninstall the ADAM DB.  When i try i get the following.  Not sure if I should continue or not.

ADAM.JPG

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you should first reinstall the OS before doing the new replica install

I would definately start again with a new replica install on a clean machine. Something is very wrong with your OS or previous install.

0 Kudos