VMware Horizon Community
pierreLx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Connect to View desktop from internet

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a view connection server 5.0 and a manual pool with a single desktop to be able to acces to my VMware infrastructure while i'am not at home.

I redirected the port 443 and 4172 to have access to the view connection server and I'm able to authenticate but the view client crashes when I connect to the desktop because it needs the internal ip address of the desktop.

I don't understand the principle of using the view client from the internet while every connection to servers or desktop uses internal ip or fqdn. What did I get wrong?? What do I have to do to simply connect to my view desktop with the view client from internet?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You need to enable the tunnel and the PCoIP tunnel on the connection broker (on the admin interface > Servers > Connection Broker) and specify the external URL (the one you are accessing from the internet. for example vdi.home.com, not the internal hostname.

You also need to specify the external IP. that is the one you are exposing externally.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You need to enable the tunnel and the PCoIP tunnel on the connection broker (on the admin interface > Servers > Connection Broker) and specify the external URL (the one you are accessing from the internet. for example vdi.home.com, not the internal hostname.

You also need to specify the external IP. that is the one you are exposing externally.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos