VMware Horizon Community
Hookman
Contributor
Contributor

Connection Error when using Client from Windows App store

Windows 8 Laptop able to connect using full Horizon View client from Desktop and able to connect using Browser to Security Server and access via HTML.  Receive unable to connect to connection server when trying to use the Client installed from the Windows App store (Ver 2.0).  Any ideas would be helpful since I have ruled out connection or network issues with the laptop.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kslish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The View Client available on the Windows App Store can't connect via PCoIP at this time, it can only connect via an RDP session.  So if you have RDP access to your desktops either turned off in your pool settings (PCoIP default setting with "allow users to choose protocol" off) or the RDP port blocked via a firewall, the current Windows App Store client won't work.

0 Kudos
Hookman
Contributor
Contributor

I understand and had read the document on the Windows client which has reference to no PCoIP access.  I am not even able to connect to the View environment to receive an authentication box or have the option to choose an available desktop pool.  I immediately receive an error saying that it is unable to connect to the connection server which in this case is a security server(s) behind a load balancer in the DMZ.  Network IP Ports being blocked is not an issue on the back-end or front-end as I am able to connect both via RDP and PCoIP from the full client and HTML on the same laptop. I have in fact opened specific ports on the client machine to allow all PCoIP and RDP ports with no success and even disabled the firewall completely. Without PCoIP access this client is truly useless as a production client, it is more of an issue on why it is not working at the moment than affecting production.

0 Kudos