VMware Horizon Community
chriskoch99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Crowdstrike Falcon Sensor 7.12 disrupting Client Drive Redirection

Mostly this is an FYI for this specific use case.

In our environment we run Crowdstrike at N-1.  Earlier this week, the 7.11 agents in our instant-clone RDSH and VDI environment updated to 7.12 because I guess 7.13 came out.

We have a few specific use cases for Client Drive Redirection in our enterprise, and today we spent many hours trying to figure out why these users were having significant issues browsing and copying files to local client drives from published applications.  We confirmed the issue across multiple datacenters, separate Horizon environments, going through and not through firewalls, in both Desktop Pools and Application Farms... the common thing was Crowdstrike.

We noticed in Add/Remove that it had updated this week to 7.12, and sure enough when we pushed it back to 7.11 the problem disappeared.  Working with CS on this, but for now we're staying at 7.11.  Note that just putting CS into "monitoring only" mode was not enough to fix it - had to actually uninstall it or roll the version back.

Granted it's a pretty specific situation, but if anyone out there is seeing Client Drive Redirection performance issues, and uses Crowdstrike, heads up.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
woco_mike
Contributor
Contributor

Completely different application here, but found your post via a Google search.  We're having performance issues with CS 7.12 as well.  I had to remove it on a couple of high I/O systems.

0 Kudos