VMware Horizon Community
Chris_Jeter
Contributor
Contributor

Delay in XP terminal server starting up?

I've noticed this in our xp hosted desktops and can't seem to find any info about it and was wondering if anyone else has seen this? What I'm seeing is that the terminal server either doesn't startup for doesn't accept connections for about 45 seconds to a minute or so after the desktop comes up from a reboot. This becomes a problem when the user reboots the xp instance then tries to reconnect from their thin client. The client connection will terminate before the server begins accepting connections. Does any one know if there is a default delay built in, or a way to get the terminal server to start earlier in the boot process?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

seems to me to be a normal issue. Just because it's sitting at the login prompt doesn't mean it will accept logins via RDP and any other means besides the console. I don't know if this is something that can be "tweaked", but I do not believe it has anything to do with VMware. In my opinion it's an OS symptom that may or may not be "normal". We have excepted it as "normal"

just my 2 cents.

0 Kudos
ChrisMTL
Contributor
Contributor

There is a gpo setting called "wait for network" that can be enabled that will not let you logon to the console before all the network related services are started. The machine is showing you a logon screen on the console before all the behind the scenes stuff is done.

0 Kudos