VMware Horizon Community
sideshowtob
Contributor
Contributor

Design Question - Separating View Composer from vCenter

Does anyone know of design scenarios when moving Composer onto its own VM is appropriate?  My understanding is it’s just an automation layer for vCenter cloning operations.  Or have I got it wrong and would separation mean that vCenter resource load is reduced during large composer operations?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I don't really have any good information share here only that the ability to seperate is somewhat new.  This may be the reason there is limited information regarding the different scenerios.    If you do any testing with this please share the results with us. 

0 Kudos
Mickelonis
Contributor
Contributor

My thoughts....

I beleive VMware is now offering the ability to have View Composer on a different server because of the new vCenter Appliance product.

Some people say that it might be best to have View Composer on a different box due to performance, not sure that I beleive that because I havent tested.

Currently, we run View Composer on the same Windows machine as our vCenter. If we move to vCenter Appliance, we'll need to have View Composer on different boxes.

I'm not sure this scales well with the block and POD architecture...

..My two cents.

-Pete

0 Kudos