VMware Horizon Community
Chad09
Contributor
Contributor

Desktops stuck shutting down

Every once and while I'm getting desktops that will not shut down. If I check open a vSphere console I can see that they're Stuck at "Shutting Down..." and they'll never go. These are running Windows 7 on VMware 5.0. We have Persona Mangament in place.

I am still able to remotely connect an event viewer and there are only a few error messages being displayed once the last user has logged off:

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

DETAIL -
1 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-705120310-1586835325-1028868077-55071:
Process 3040 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-705120310-1586835325-1028868077-55071

and ...

A timeout (120000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the VMWVvpsvc service.

The only way to shut the desktop down is to manually do so from vSphere.

Any input?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I had this same issue and opened a ticket with VMware Support about it.  I told them I only experienced the issue on desktops utilizing View Persona.   They felt that it was something in the my GPO (older XP setting) that was causing the issue.   I was never able to get to the bottom of it and just try to do a good job of looking for machines that have this problem.

Please let me know if you find some kind of resolution. 

0 Kudos
gregory
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Same issue too, with Windows 7 and personna.

I'm using view 5.0.1.

Did you have any update ?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Chad09
Contributor
Contributor

I am on 5.0, I did not update to the latest. I have disabled persona management to get rid of this issue for the time being. I may end up putting a ticket in with VMware.

0 Kudos