VMware Horizon Community
spacemonkey879
Contributor
Contributor

Dual Monitor Black Screens

Hi,

I was hoping that you will be able to help me with a user at my company who has to have their VM rebooted every morning.

The user has a Thin Client which connects to a specific VM running View 5 in their office with dual monitors. They have the ability to work from home with either an IPad or Laptop, to the same VM.

So if the user logs in with the Laptop/Ipad away from work, the next morning they are in there VM has to have a cold booted via Vcentre as black screens appear on the dual monitors.

We have looked at the logs and they are reporting the following issue recording errors establishing dual monitor support (overlapping errors).

Because of this we have removed one of the monitors which works fine but isn’t ideal for the role of the user. So we have had to create a task for the VM to reboot first thing in the morning.

We have gone through the recommended checks but all looks ok

Any help would be most grateful

Regards

Stan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
spacemonkey879
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

The issue isn't with VMware but with Teradici Thin Clients.

The following is a work around from the Teradici site.

"If you are planning to move to View 5.0 or have  already updated your environment to View 5.0, note that there have been  some reported display issues when connecting to PCoIP Zero Clients.   Some of the issues may also occur when using VMware View 5.0 software  clients.

Please use the following recommended workarounds for View 5.0 deployments with PCoIP Zero Clients:

• Disable display power savings mode in the Windows virtual desktop when using dual displays
  • Ensure that the primary DVI port is used for PCoIP Zero clients when using a single display
  • Do not disconnect the primary display DVI cable during a session
  • Disable 3D screen savers per VMware Recommendations

For more information, please review the following Knowledge Base  articles which contain detailed information on known issues and  workarounds."

I hope this will help a few people.

0 Kudos
tetrapackage
Contributor
Contributor

I see. I also got Dual Monitor Blackout and now thinking it might be from VMware. Thanks for clearing that out.

0 Kudos