VMware Horizon Community
Christoph_de_Wa
Contributor
Contributor

Experience with high latency

Hi,

we have a great number of individual VMs with Vista and XP and we offer these machines right now just to our customers/users within our local LAN (at least 100Mbit most of the time latency is around 1 ms). We get more and more requests and projects that want to use VMs in remote sites where we have a latency up to 100 ms the bandwith usually is at least 2Mbit.

Has anyone here experience up to which latency working with View is still ok for the users? Is anyone out there who uses VDM/View over connections with very high latency and has tips/tricks beyond the usual RDP-optimizations?

Thanks

Chris

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
coligher
Contributor
Contributor

Christoph,

As I already said in another thread, our company utilizes VDI in many remote sites. We have single users in home offices across both Cable Internet and DSL connections and have very little trouble with them. Some of our remote sites are 100-300ms in average latency. Where we have multiple users in a remote site like the office I was asking about in the other thread, we have problems, but remote sites with 1 user seem to work just fine with very few problems. Since I didn't know about tweaking RDP with GPO, we haven't done anything like that, so if you already have, you might have even better luck than we have.

0 Kudos