VMware Horizon Community
Akbar201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Getting disconnected when same user login in guest OS from other terminal

When user 1 is using (XYZ id of AD) and if the user 2 logging with the same id (XYZ) the 1 user session get disconnected

Is there any way for not to terminating the running Session

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If a user connects to a desktop via View using credentials X for the connection server, anyone else connecting to that desktop through View as X will be reconnected to the existing desktop which has a user session associated with X (even if the local VM logon is different), this is the designed behaviour.

If you're trying to set up a classroom style environment where everyone uses the same logon then for floating pools you can allocate sessions based on both the client device and user credentials, you should enable "multiple connections per user" for the pool for this - that way user X on client B will not be connected to a desktop in use by user X on client A.

[edit: doesn't read very well, clarified slightly]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

both connected to the same virtual desktop?

0 Kudos
Akbar201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yes it is same VM and same user but different terminal.

0 Kudos
bilalhashmi
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

it must be set to steal a prexisting session of the same user check ur terminal server settings

Follow me @ Cloud-Buddy.com

Blog: www.Cloud-Buddy.com | Follow me @hashmibilal
0 Kudos
Akbar201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear,

Can you please guid me where i can get terminal server settings.

Akbar

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

windows xp or windows 7 only allow 1 maximum connection, that is why when someone is accessing the same desktop it will be disconnected.

0 Kudos
Akbar201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

is it possible to get messege  on screen of 1 user if 2 user login from same user name

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If a user connects to a desktop via View using credentials X for the connection server, anyone else connecting to that desktop through View as X will be reconnected to the existing desktop which has a user session associated with X (even if the local VM logon is different), this is the designed behaviour.

If you're trying to set up a classroom style environment where everyone uses the same logon then for floating pools you can allocate sessions based on both the client device and user credentials, you should enable "multiple connections per user" for the pool for this - that way user X on client B will not be connected to a desktop in use by user X on client A.

[edit: doesn't read very well, clarified slightly]

0 Kudos