VMware Horizon Community
adamabel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How To Config Max Login Attempts

I've looked everywhere in the connection server GUI and I can't find a place to configure the max login attempts for user before there account gets locked out.  Also can the lock out time be configured? 

Lastly where do you unlock a users account in the connection server GUI?  Again doesn't see to be in place in version 8 (2111) 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, @adamabel 

Changing the maximum number of login attempts is configurable in the Connection Server's ADAM database.
If no special settings are made, the default number of login attempts is three.

First, log in to the Connection Server as a domain administrator,
Open the ADSI editor and connect to the ADAM databases dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int.
See KB#2012377 below for details.

* Connecting to View ADAM database (2012377)
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2012377?lan=ja
--- Excerpt ---
Note: Be sure to make a full backup of the ADAM database before starting the procedure.

Windows Server 2008
To connect to the View ADAM database:
------------

Then, set the number of login attempts to, for example, 10
Add the following to the attribute [pae-NameValuePair] of [OU=Properties] - [OU=Global] - [CN=Common] in the ADAM database and [OK].

cs-loginattemptslimit=10

To undo the change, delete the above from the attribute [pae-NameValuePair] and [OK].
This will take effect immediately, so there is no need to restart the Connection Server.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
adamabel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks I'll give that a try, is there any way to clear a lockout as well in the connection server GUI or anywhere else? 

0 Kudos
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, @adamabel 

At least, I have never seen the ability to unlock on the GUI.

That is, I have never seen the ability to unlock on the GUI of either Horizon Client , Connection Server, or Agent.

0 Kudos