VMware Horizon Community
Robert714
Contributor
Contributor

How to configure NoAD Mode in UEM ?

Hi,

We have virtualized our test environment with Horizon View 7.2 Linked clone for our customer.   

Now, I am configuring UEM as NoAD Mode by customer request.   

I think I configured NoAD Mode, but I am not sure UEM is set to NoAD Mode.   

I am not able to find how to check it such as using PowerCLI or something else.   

How to check UEM is NoAD Mode ? I tried to search information on google but not enough for me.   

Here is what I did on UEM, is this enough to configure for minimum settings ?   

UEM agent   

Copy NoAD.xml the below location and save it to UTF-8 with explicit BOM.  

Make sure setting type is noAD and encoding is utf-8 in the xml file.  

UEM   

Install VMware User Environment Manager with command line.  

C:\Windows\system32>msiexec.exe /i "C:\WORK\UEM\9.2.0\VMware-UEM-9.2.0\VMware User Environment Manager 9.2 x64.msi" /qn LICENSEFILE=C:\WORK\UEM\9.2.0\VMware-UEM-9.2.0-GA.lic /l* InstallUEM.log NOADCONFIGFILEPATH="%servername%\UEM Config\general"  

3 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Robert714

If you open Regedit on the machine you performed the silent install you can go to HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware UEM\

Under there you should see a 'String Value' of msiNOADCONFIGFILEPATH = <the location you specified>

This will indicate that the NOAD mode has been installed.

Also, there is the InstallUEM.log file as well. Take a look at the bottom for any errors. What you want to see is:

MSI (s) (2c:24) [TimeStamp]: Product: VMware User Environment Manager -- Installation completed successfully

Hope that helps

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
Robert714
Contributor
Contributor

Hi vJoeG,

I sorry for delaying to reply.

Finally, I could install NoAD Mode and confirmed the information that you commented above.

Thank you so much for your great helps !!!

0 Kudos
Robert714
Contributor
Contributor

Hi vJoeG,

I sorry for delaying to reply.

Finally, I could install NoAD Mode and confirmed the information that you commented above.

Thank you so much for your great helps !!!

0 Kudos