VMware Horizon Community
moogeboo
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with multiple monitor setup on View 5

Hi,

We're running on View 5.  When trying to launch my VDI image after a disconnection, I get a strange screen issue. I use multiple monitors and when starting up my client after the disconnection, the resolution does not expand to multiple monitors and I have one screen in the middle of both my monitors and I’m unable to click or do anything in the image. I’m forced to close the image, change the resolution to a single monitor, restart the image and then return to multiple monitors

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,

Mooge

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Are you using PCOIP as your display protocol?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
moogeboo
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we're using PCOIP.

Thanks,

Mooge

0 Kudos
re2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Did you find a solution to your problem? I tried the steps described in the VMware KB (http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1027899) with no success. In addition to the fact that the initial connection to the vDesktop results in an VDI image that spans over half of each of my two screens - however, I do not even get a usable screen but only the background of my virtual Win7 32-bit desktop. After roughly 13 seconds the screen turns entirely black with the exception of some icons of the task bar which appear now, however below the screen resolution of my monitors.

A similar behavior can be observed when minimizing and then maxmizing the vDesktop screen: first the screen gets stuck for 6 seconds at the size of the minimalization, then turns black for another minute before resolving to the initial image that spans over two half-screens. Either the screen is then useful, or it blocks entirely... for which I could not yet determine any rules of behavior.

I am running View 5 with a Secure Gateway behind a NAT, and a Connection Server. All seems to work fine as long as I am not using Multiple Screens. The NAT is configured to do a simple IP Translation and the firewall of the SG is open on all ports for UDP and TCP, just to be sure for now. I have configured the Connection Server to use/allow PCoIP only, and the pool is Manual Pool with Dedicated User Assignments, so I cannot configure Max number of monitors and/or Max resolution of any one monitor.

Any suggestions, any positive experiences with resolving the problem of working with multiple monitors on View 5?

Thanks,

re2k!

0 Kudos