VMware Horizon Community
Bas00
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Location of DEM logging

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of an amateur question:

We use DEM (2212) to manage shortcuts and settings for our Horizon environment.
We're running into a few problems with autostart shortcuts, So I'd like to check the logging and see what's causing the issue.

However, if I google for any DEM related logs I only get results regarding a flexsync tool which we don't use.

Any suggestions on where to look?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

HI
FlexEngine is the name of the DEM Agent installed on the VDI-type VMs that users access.
The DEM log (therefore of the FLexEngine Agent) is configured at the Active Directory GPO level or the first installation of the DEM agent (It depends on the type of installation of the DEM agent you have chosen).
For example, if you use GPOs in Active Directory you should have a GPO that configures the DEM agent (giving it the shares where the configurations reside) and from where it is possible to configure the folder where to place the logs for each user (FlesxEngine Logging)

fabio1975_0-1712655103394.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

View solution in original post

1 Reply
fabio1975
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

HI
FlexEngine is the name of the DEM Agent installed on the VDI-type VMs that users access.
The DEM log (therefore of the FLexEngine Agent) is configured at the Active Directory GPO level or the first installation of the DEM agent (It depends on the type of installation of the DEM agent you have chosen).
For example, if you use GPOs in Active Directory you should have a GPO that configures the DEM agent (giving it the shares where the configurations reside) and from where it is possible to configure the folder where to place the logs for each user (FlesxEngine Logging)

fabio1975_0-1712655103394.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos