VMware Horizon Community
osksa
Contributor
Contributor

Manual pool VM desktop DNS name displays as "localhost" in server UI

Hi, I have an Horizon server 8.6.0 installation for testing. I have created a manual desktop pool, and added a first Linux Red Hat VM machine to the pool. It works fine to connect to. Now I am trying to add a second and third VM to the same pool, and for some reason, the DNS name for these machine gets displayed as "localhost" inside the Horizon server web UI. See the screenshot below from the "machines" tab of the pool.

osksa_1-1663591136699.png

Note: When first adding the machines that are now displayed as "localhost", they have the correct DNS Name until the agent connects. Then it changes to "localhost"

The machines that have DNS displayed as localhosts both have their DNS name set correctly in vSphere. They have their hostname set correctly, running the "hostname" command on anyone returns or2-desktop02.user.test.------- for example. They are connected to the active directory server, and it also knows the correct DNS names of all the machines.

One difference between the one that gets its DNS name displayed correctly, and those who don't, is that the correct one have only one network card, the new VM's have two.

Why are they displayed as having the DNS Name Localhost? Can this lead to problems in our production deployment? Any ideas appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Does the hostname appear correctly if you remove the second network card from the VMs?

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
osksa
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for you input! No, I tried to remove the second network card too. I also tried to remove the second network card, remove the machine from the pool and add it again. Still listed with DNS name "localhost". 

0 Kudos