VMware Horizon Community
Julio_Tapia1
Contributor
Contributor

Newly provisioned machines are immediately deleted...

I am trying out View 4, to moving some of my users over to virtual desktops.

When I try to provision linked clones, they are created correctly from the parent snapshot, but after the tag gets added and the machine is reconfigured, it is immediately deleted. This happens no matter how many I try to provision...

On the View Administrator I get a "Desktop Composer DiskFault: Selected parent VM is not accessible" error...

I can't seem to figure this one out - any ideas?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_Quinn
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the same issue.

The View administrator log file contains the following in my case:

VirtualCenter control for https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443/sdk is suspending operations - VM operation failed

Pool cn=3d3ca3ec-2633-45e9-941a-7b2b7c905e5a,ou=virtualcenter,ou=properties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int::Unable to create new VM - Desktop

Composer DiskFault: Selected parent VM is not accessible

Desktop Composer DiskFault: Selected parent VM is not accessible

This issue doesn’t occur all the time.  Sometimes I can re-provision my pools with no problem and other times it throws up the above errors.

One thing that I have noticed is that if I make a change to a pool and then try to re-provision I’m sure to get the errors.

If I reboot the host on which the pool has been configured everything is fine for a while or until I make a change to a pool.

I do have a support request open with VMware, so if we can ever find a solution I will be sure to post it.

---------------------

I have resolved my issue.

The problem was with DNS.  Two entries for the same host with different IPs.  Once we removed the second entry everything was perfect.

0 Kudos
Blackthorn3366
Contributor
Contributor

Here are some steps that may help: Make sure that last thing that is installed before you shutdown the master image (parent Image and take a snapshot is the View Agent. Ensure the master Image (Parent Image) you list in the configuration of the Pool is shutdown, ensure you are selecting the correct Snapshot (Default Image) Recompose Pool.

0 Kudos