VMware Horizon Community
lewisma
Contributor
Contributor

One of required objects is not found in vCenter Server

My environment consists of vSphere 4,1 U1, vCenter 4.1 U1 and VMware View 4.5

When ever i try to edit any of my persistent pools to provision new VM's i get the message (One of required objects is not found in the vCenter Server)

I had to install a new vCenter Server as my existing server crashed and died. Everything installed successfully. I did notice that the folders that the VM's are located were not present in the new vCenter so i have manually created the folders and moved the VM's into the folders through vCenter. The path name that i see in the View Manager looks correct now i have re-created the folders in vCenter but i still keep getting this message. I did create a Test pool with 2 VM's and that worked successfully and i can also edit the pool with no error messages appearing. Comparing the new Test pool looks identical to my other persistent pools so i'm unsure of what the problem is.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
npeter
Expert
Expert

I believe just recreating folders with same name will not work.

A better idea is to call vmware support. They should be able to resolve this

-noble

-nObLe
0 Kudos
lewisma
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response, what i also noticed on the VMware View summary for my pools is that nothing is listed for the Storage section under the vCenter settings. On my new Test pool i see all the details listed under the summary section.

0 Kudos