VMware Horizon Community
justausername
Contributor
Contributor

Remap ESC key

Is it possible to remap the ESC key so that that can be used within the VDI desktop but without exiting full-screen mode?

A user has a Windows 10 VDI workstation.  He uses emacs within that workstation.  The ESC key is used heavily with emacs.  But when he presses ESC, his VDI session exits full-screen mode.  

Is there a way to remap the ESC key to prevent this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yuyang8933
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I can not reproduce it in my environment,

I need a few more information to identify this issue.

Do we know it is a regression or not?

Is it a horizon windows client or horizon mac client?

It there any special steps the user did or configuration changes that the user made?

0 Kudos
labm5
Contributor
Contributor

This is a major issue in our org as well with latest VMware Horizon Client macOS app Version 2306 Build 8.10.0 (21964677).

Please consider giving us the option to disable VMWare Horizon Client's ESC key function when the app is in Full Screen.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect to a VM via VMware Horizon Client macOS app.
  2. Enter Full Screen Mode by going to Menu > Window > Enter Full Screen Mode / OR by pressing: CONTROL COMMAND F
  3. Switch from a non-VMware Horizon window by using command-tab (macOS App Switcher) while working in another app and switch to VMware Horizon client app THEN press ESC key.
  4. The VMware Horizon app exits full screen.

The expected behavior is that pressing ESC key when switching apps, does NOT exit Full Screen.

Please help fix this behavior as other third party apps that are in Full Screen in macOS do not do this behavior. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos