VMware Horizon Community
kgmartin
Contributor
Contributor

Removing datastores causes error in Horizon

I am trying to remove some datastores from vCenter that are no longer in use in my Horizon cluster.  When I unmount the datastore from all of the hosts in the cluster I see an error pop up in Horizon admin - "Datastore is not accessible from vCenter: <vcenterservername>".

I had another datastore that I had to remove and that went fine.  I believe at some point there must have been replicas or parent machines on these volumes, but that isn't the case anymore.  Is there a different process or another way to remove these volumes so that Horizon doesn't throw this error?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is no way to remove datastore from Horizon.

Information about ESXi hosts and its datastores are passed by vCenter to Horizon view.

If there are no replica or vdi machines inside the datastore in question and if it still error out please check by going to all the pools > edit > vcenter settings and make sure the datastore is not select.

There may be case where while creating pool we may have selected the datastore but there are no machine inside it. We need to make sure we unselect the datastore before unmount

0 Kudos
kgmartin
Contributor
Contributor

SurajRoy,

Thank you for the response.  I did check all of the pools once I saw the error and verified that no pool was using the datastore.  I finally took the leap and unmounted and detached the datastore from the hosts and saw no issues.  Eventually the error cleared itself from the Horizon admin console so all is good now.

Thanks again.