VMware Horizon Community
Pool4Sky
Contributor
Contributor

SCOM Managmement Packs do not have single Monitors for View 4.6?!

Hello

On SCOM 2012 I installed vmware view management packs with version 5.0.0.5311. Then I checked and enabled the proxy settings for my connection broker servers. I executed "VMware View Run Discovery Probe" task. On every connection broker servers I examined vmware.view.discovery.* xml script. I changed the line from Const VIEW_DISC_VER = "4.5" to Const VIEW_DISC_VER = "4.6" but it will changed back to Const VIEW_DISC_VER = "4.5" after hours. Furthermore in Monitoring area in VMware View section I saw every time "VMware View Connection Server Groups" with no status.

If I looked the properties of this then I saw no single monitors in it.

Please, can anyone tell me what's going wrong?

Thanks.

Pool4Sky

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

SCOM Management packs are not a popular topic here in the View forum and I personally have no experience with them.  If you want a quick answer you may want to open a ticket with VMware support.   If you do please report back and let us know what has happened.  

0 Kudos
Pool4Sky
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

My tests.

I opened and looked into the management packs xml files. In these files, I saw that the VMware.View.Discovery management pack was created with line 'Const VIEW_DISC_VER = "4.5"'. Now I changed this to 'Const VIEW_DISC_VER = "4.6"' and I built successful a 'new' management pack . So while I create the mp file for VMware.View.Image.Library, I get always an error.

"The value specified for the Value attribute is not valid. Element Cat.Clusters16 references a Value enumeration that cannot be found."

So now i have analyzed this error and I think, that the management pack was build for SCOM 2007/R2 and not for SCOM 2012. (Microsoft has defined a new Management Pack Schema..)

Next Step: I will ask VMware support for deploying of a new management pack for SCOM 2012.

greetings

Pool4Sky

0 Kudos
Pool4Sky
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

So now we decided to upgrate our infrastructure to next version of connection broker in autumn. Then I will test the VMware.View management pack again and I will let you know if there is fine or not. Thank you.

greetings

Pool4Sky

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When you decide to upgrade View go to version 5.1.2 as we are including some enhancements to the way the discovery script runs and I believe we will have the versioning corrected as well. Smiley Happy

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
Pool4Sky
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Mike

Could you upload your enhanced Management Pack of VMware View? If this is not possible, do you have a download link for me of your enhanced Management Pack of VMware View?

Thanks in advance.

greetings

Pool4Sky

0 Kudos