VMware Horizon Community
vitzares
Contributor
Contributor

Share Screen in VDI ?

We got bundled VDI 10 users kit when we made VMWare enterprise purchase in last year. Therefore, We are evaluating the use of VDI to replace traditional client PC desktop.

As our users are situated in different floor, all of our thick client PC are using VNC so that technican can remote control their PC and view their PC when problem occur.

However, it seem that VNC does not work when user is in RDP session.

We made a simple test. A user connected to VDI via VDM connection broker. The VDI is equipped with VNC latest version. Then, when I tried to use VNC viewer to connect to the VDI desktop. My user RDP session will be terminated immediately.

Is there any other methods to share screen in RDP session so that my technican can continue to provide support ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I use remote assistance for this purpose. It has worked well for us that we use it on normal PCs as well now

In IE, open this link :

hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm

You will then be able to enter the user's VM name and connect to share the screen.

If you are using Wyse terminals, you can VNC right to the wyse terminal itself and share the screen with the user as well.

rfunk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check out this thread, I think this is what you are looking for:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/716406#716406

0 Kudos