VMware Horizon Community
MAPABVBA
Contributor
Contributor

Thin Client T5740 with VMware View 4.5 Client and USB Redirection sound

I have USB redirection problem.

We uses Thin Client T5740 with Windows Embedded Standard XP and we have VMware View 4.5.

We uses Logitech USB headphones, we can hear sound and we can make some noise on the Thin Client with Windows Embedded Standard XP.

But if we uses VMware Client to connect our VM, i don't see any USB headphone in Device Manager in VM. I don't know why, even we uses PCoIP protocols.

I hope someone can help me?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wunderdug
Contributor
Contributor

Do any USB devices work in this setup?  Have you tried plugging a thumb drive in?  Is the "Autoconnect USB Devices" option checked in the View Client?

Are the workstations you are connecting to running Windows XP or something newer?

-Doug

0 Kudos
MAPABVBA
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if any USB devices works in this setup.

Autoconnect USB devices isn't checked. But I tried with one USB to connect that Logitech USB Headphone and it says it's in use.

The VM is filled with Windows 7 Professional. But I don't think it might be on the drivers, because i don't see anything in Device Manager with "Unkown Device". I just think the problem is that there's no redirection. On my physical workstation with Windows 7, i did a setup from VMware View Client and i saw there's an option "USB Redirection enabling". But i didn't saw anything on the setup for Windows Embedded Standard XP?

Do anyone know how i can change the option for USB Redirection in WES XP?

0 Kudos
MAPABVBA
Contributor
Contributor

I found the resolution!

The resolution was installing the driver "Teradici_Audio_Driver_1_0_0_5707".

Then the problem is solved.

Hopefully I helped some people.

Greetings,

Nick Vandenbroucke.

0 Kudos