VMware Horizon Community
5harky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ThinPrint - Printer mapping but not printing?

Hi all,

I have setup a thinprint test enviroment. It is setup to map a particular printer to a particular thin client based on IP information.

The printer is mapping but I can't print to it. The print job just sits in the queue as "printing".

I have opened following ports on the firewall:

TCP 515: LDP
TCP 631: IPP (Internet Printing Protocol)
TCP/UDP 9100: HP Jetdirect

Do I need to open any other ports or did I forget to do something else? I browsed the Horizon View Admin guide but it doesn't say anything about ports in regards to Thinprint.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
5harky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Different question.

Do Host-Based printers work with Thinprint?

It is a HP Laserjet Pro 1606dn connected via network to a thin client.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From the command prompt enter the command NET STOP SPOOLER. Once the service stops, enter NET START SPOOLER. These commands can be used in batch files and scheduled and incorporated as part of systems maintenance.

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It is possible its a driver translation issue. I would verify by manually mapping that printer inside the VDI VM and test printing. If it works, then its an issue with Thinprint and its interpretation of the local print driver.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos