VMware Horizon Community
Paulbiro
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to clear error message in View administrator console

We had a problem first thing today with one of our View connection servers and we resolved it by firstly rebooting the connection server and then the vCentre server. Whilst investigating the issue the following error was reported: -

Error during provisioning: Unable to find folder XXXXXXXXX

As stated above, the probelm was resolved by rebooting the servers and I am happy that everything is now working ok. My only outstanding issue reported by the Customer is that if you go into the View Administrator console and look at the pool in question under the settings tab it is still; showing the error. although the error event count is set to 0.

I apologise for probably asking a silly question, but is it normal for the message to still be displayed after the condition has been fixed and is there any way of getting rid of it?

Thank you

3 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Welcome.

Check out this kb - http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103807...

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
Paulbiro
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response,

I found this articale yesterday and used it to resolve the problem, my only remaining issue is how to stop the error from keep being displayed in the View Administration console if this is possible.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
McPadawan
Contributor
Contributor

This is much later, and maybe irrelevant, but I had the same issue.  Had this occur after a disaster recovery.  Couldn't get the message to go away, even after I had manually recreated the exact folder structure in vCenter.  The issue was I just had to re-enable provisioning, as it had been disabled after the error first occurred.  Hope this helps somebody save a few extra reinstalls.