VMware Horizon Community
PCMA_IT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to launch from Pool ****** for user ***** Assigned machine ***** is unavailable

Dears

i have horizon7.13.2 environment, some users get the following error :

Unable to launch from Pool ****** for user ***** Assigned machine ***** is unavailable

while the machine status on the connection server is "Available" and vmware tools and horizon agent are running on this machine, any ideas ??

Najeeb

0 Kudos
3 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

1. check compatibility of horizon and vSphere that you are using.

2. check actual state of  VM from vCenter server, are you able to ping VM from outside

3. After reset of VM , are you able to connect ?

4. Have you made any changes recently ? on connection servers ?

5. Do you see any more error on Horizon view events tabs ?

6. is VMware tools upto date ?

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
jc296
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1. Have you confirmed the user is entitled to use the Pool?

2. What type of client device are you using? Have you checked that you can ping the FQDN of the Broker from this client device - I guess you have as the Broker is stating the message above;

3. Is the client device time sync'd to within 5mins of your Horizon infra time?

4. When was the last time the broker was rebooted?  Take a look at the Broker and Client logs to see what happens around the time you connect.

5. Check view versions as stated in previous post as I've experienced funnies when my Agent and Clients have been mismatched.

0 Kudos
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To anyone interested:

In case you add a vSphere VM with running Horizon Agent into a Manual Desktop Pool and select "Enable Multi-User Assignment" so that this VM can be used by many users (not simultaneously though!) adding an Entitlement will not suffice! Yes, it does show the tile when logging in to Horizon but you will not be able to connect.

What you need to do is select/open this Pool, go to "Machines", check the machine(s) in question and select "More Commands > Assign Users" and add either single users or security groups with users included.

NelsonCandela_0-1713346913685.png

0 Kudos