at first my Setup:

ESXi with external IP:

- > Firewall VM with external IP an local Networkinterface

- > Windows VMs

-> Connection Server

-> Security Server

-> Windows 10 with Horizon Agent

-> vCenter with external IP

All needed Ports (4172, 433,80) are forwarded to the Security Server.

Subdomain is resolvable to external IP of the Firewall. The Domain Name is entered also in the Horizon Server Configuration as URL. Also the External IP as PCoIP-Gateway.

VM-Network is complete open, so every VM can communicate to each other.

Connection over PCoIP and Blast will established but no screen view.

Thanks for your help !

Best Regards

Florian Lauer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kleewaldgmbh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

thanks for your answers. I found the error. It was the mapped Nvidia 1080.

Is it possible to use this graphic card with horizon ? When I select a rendering in the Settings from horizon in the Pool, it does not take an effect.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you tunnel all connections via your connection servers you also need to enable "PcOIP Secure Gateway" under Servers -> Connection Servers -> General in View Administrator, this is disabled by default

VMware Certified Professional 6 - DCV VMware VTSP Software Defined Storage Dell Blade Server Solutions - EMEA Certified Dell PowerEdge Server Solutions - EMEA Certfied Dell Certified Storage Deployment Professional Dell EMC Proven Professional If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Helpful or Correct
0 Kudos
kleewaldgmbh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

this is enabled and set on the external IP as same as the Security Server. Or which Adresses must be entered there ?

Example:

External IP: 8.8.8.8

Domain: horizon.test.com (resolved to 8.8.8.8 and both entered in Security Server and Connection Server)

0 Kudos
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Correct, you should put the external ip there.

The problem you have is typical when PcOIP and blast ports isnt open all the way or when secure gataway is disabled

The the ports should be opened like this.

PcOIP

Horizon Clients - Security Servers

TCP and UDP ports 4172, UDP port should be open both ways and TCP should be opened one way (HC->SS)

Security Server - Connection Server

TCP and UDP ports 4172, UDP port should be open both ways and TCP should be opened one way (SS->CS)

Connection Server - Horizon Agents

UDP port 4172 should be open both ways

Blast

Horizon Clients - Security Servers

TCP and UDP ports 443,8443, should be open both ways

Security Server - Connection Server

TCP and UDP ports 443,8443, should be open both ways

Connection Server - Horizon Agents

TCP and UDP port 22443 should be open both ways

VMware Certified Professional 6 - DCV VMware VTSP Software Defined Storage Dell Blade Server Solutions - EMEA Certified Dell PowerEdge Server Solutions - EMEA Certfied Dell Certified Storage Deployment Professional Dell EMC Proven Professional If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Helpful or Correct
0 Kudos
kleewaldgmbh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

i checked this. But i also did not get a connection via PCoIP or Blast internal and external. I don't know whats the problem.

I want at first that the internal connection can be established, but it does not connect to my VM, only black screen.
All Windows Firewalls are deactivated.

0 Kudos
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

‌Hmm.

Can you provide the logs from the connection server and view desktops

They are located here on both

"Drive:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\Logs"

only the pcoip* files are relevant from the desktops

also, have you updated VMware Tools on the desktops, or installed VMware Tools after View Agent?

0 Kudos
kleewaldgmbh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

thanks for your answers. I found the error. It was the mapped Nvidia 1080.

Is it possible to use this graphic card with horizon ? When I select a rendering in the Settings from horizon in the Pool, it does not take an effect.

0 Kudos
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Unfortunately not, Goforce consumer cards are missing the the neccesary architecture for vSGA

Only Nvidia Tesla and GRID are supported on the Nvidia side.

However, Nvidia has been known to use the same or similar architecture on Geforce and Quadro cards so you can in theory make the Geforce card present itself as a Quadro card and use it with vDGA

this involves some driver hacking though and the performace wont be as good as using a Quadro card but it may work.

I ve done this with a GTX560 and Windows drivers

Last resort is to just use passthough to a single VM (vGPU), no benefit in Horizon but better than unused

0 Kudos
kleewaldgmbh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you. Did you have a link for a tutorial or some information about this for a start point what I have to do ?

0 Kudos