VMware Horizon Community
kfanta
Contributor
Contributor

View 3.1 Agent Problem when "Deploying from Template"

I have been struggling around an issue with a template in which I upgraded the agent to 3.1 Now when ever I deploy from template and I log into the new Windows Virtual XP computer "my documents" automatically opens no matter what user you are.

After doing a lot of research I found there might be a registry setting causing my problem. The registry in question is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Userinit is where the issue is.

On a system that has not had its View agent upgraded to 3.1 but is instead at 3.0.1 and deployed from a template with the 3.0.1 agent it shows: C:\WINDOWS\system32\unserinit.exe

On a system that has had its View agent upgraded to 3.1 but is the template (not deployed from template yet) it shows: "C:\Program Files\VMWare\VMWare View\Agent\bin\wssm.exe" (notice it has " in it)

On a system that was deployed from a template with 3.2 on it it shows: C:\WINDOWS\system32\unserinit.exe, "C:\Program Files\VMWare\VMWare View\Agent\bin\wssm.exe"

On the last example is when "my documents" opens on login for every user. If I put quotes around the C:\WINDOWS...entry in the Userinit after it has been deployed the issue goes away. I have not tried deleting it nor do I know what the VMware entry in this field is for.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kfanta
Contributor
Contributor

One other thing that I can't figure out yet. In the template "My Documents" is on the dekstop. In the machine that was deployed from the template. "My documents" is no longer on the desktop.

0 Kudos
dvockins
Contributor
Contributor

I running into the same issue.

0 Kudos
kfanta
Contributor
Contributor

VMware has confirmed the issue and they are working on a fix.

So far the only thing I have found to fix it is to delete the registry entry that windows puts in after deployment. Then the My Documents does not open on start up. I have not looked into seeing if I can run a reg edit script that might delete the line after the machine is created, but before any user logs in.

0 Kudos
Teovmy
Contributor
Contributor

Yes same over here. I'm gladd VMware has confirmed the issue and they are working on a fix. but that was already in june.

Regards. @teovmy http://www.mikes.eu
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This should have been fixed in the 3.1.2 version that was released some time ago.

Do you still have the problem with the 3.1.2 version?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Teovmy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still on View 3.1.0 build-167577

It's seems that I missed this release.

Good to now. I'll try this one

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I would recommend upgrading to View 3.1.2 as soon as possible. There were some major bugs in View 3.1 that have since been resolved.

Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
Teovmy
Contributor
Contributor

thanks guy's. I'll do that

0 Kudos