VMware Horizon Community
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

View 5 get "Agent Unreachable" error in XP desktop VM

hi

this issue is rather strange. i get "Agent Unreachable" status in View Manager after i successfully deployed the VM automatic pool. the detail information as listed:

1. there is nothing wrong with the xp template VM, i have deployed several pool from the template, the VMs in the pool is functioning normally all the time. and no change had been done to the template.

2. VMs which has the "Agent Unreachable" error status had been in "Available" status for a short time, and them turned into "Agent Unreachable" status without any operation.

3. i tried to add 1 VM in the pool, and after the VM deployed automatically, it works quite well and the error status didn't appear, only the VMs deployed at the first time have the problem.

4. i have check the problem desktop VM, the View Agent servcie is starup, firewall is disabled, network access is normal. But the strange thing is that when i check the network status with "netstat -an" in command line, the 4172 port is not being listening!  in another word, the view agent service is actually not running normally. i've tried to restart the view agent service but didn't help, and checked the systemlog, there is no error or warning related to View services.

is anyone here has any suggestion?

thanks, Daniel

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mouhamad
Expert
Expert

I see that you didn't check DNS if its resolving properly.

DNS issues will give such error in View.

VCP-DCV, VCP-DT, VCAP-DCD, VSP, VTSP
0 Kudos
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

DNS is functioning properly. and i think the key is to find out why view agent service is starting but the 4172 port is not being listened.

0 Kudos
Camek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is your network OK?  Go to your vCenter and open the console on the desktops (or just RDP) in question and make sure you can logon and get to the network propertly by trying to say ping the connection server.

0 Kudos
DanielLeeDL
Contributor
Contributor

Network is completely OK, it's pingable and no obstacle between connection server and the problem desktop. and RDP access to the problem desktop is also OK.

0 Kudos