VMware Horizon Community
fro5tie
Contributor
Contributor

View Client for Android and iPad appears to time out at 100%

Hi

I have tried on multiple mobile devices, both Android and iPads, and can't seem to get View Client to connect to a desktop. I can connect to the broker, log in fine and see the pools of desktops, and when I connect it starts fine but slowly goes accross to 100%, when it gets to 100% the screen goes blank and says could not connect, keep trying or abort. If you click continue the screen stays black. You can touch the screen and it shows up the orange dots where it detects a press, but doesnt appear to load properly.

I have tried both from external Internet, and also internal wireless to no avail.

Any clues? I'm on the latest versions, and view server 4.6 I believe.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
wrieser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Almost sounds like something with PCoIP. Can you connect with PCoIP from other devices on this same network?

0 Kudos
fro5tie
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I can connect from a standard Windows machine using PCoIP on the internal network... I believe so anyway, is there actually a way to check? I have specifically changed it from RDP to PCOIP but will the desktop application default to rdp if pcoip fails?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Check out this document, http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-14974 for setting up PCOIP for remote access.  I'm also moving this over to the View iPad forum.

0 Kudos
fro5tie
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. It might be worth noting, that originally we did have it working on an iPad 2 and a handful of Android phones, but now it is doing as described, and I dont think anything has changed but I will have a read of that link and see whats what.

0 Kudos
vSolid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you sure about your VMs for VDI get enough Hardware resource??

also, you need to customize your VMs to get better bandwidth, as they say it's seems PCoIP issue

PCoIP use less bandwidth than RDP, check your VMs H/W and VLAN to see from where the issue

BR

0 Kudos