VMware Horizon Community
Retcher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Connection Server does not see any source

Hello,

I have a really big problem, my View-Connection Server doesn't see any Desktop-Source. I had seen some sources but not all some houres ago. To this time I didn't saw the sources I need so have done a lot of trys to see this source. Over all I haven't had luck, and now I see no source.

The problems started with a Windows Server 2003 EE SP2 VM, which I need for a training to be deployed with view. I haven't seen this VM, either I chosse linked-clones or not.

The event log of this VM show, that the TP AutoConnect Server service didn't start right.

I hope have some ideas which will help me to solve this problem.

greetings

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can only use a Server OS in a terminal services pool. If you want to setup a desktop you will need to use a supported desktop OS. You can find supported operating systems in the admin guide, .

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Retcher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So the View-Connection Server now sees the Windows 2003 Server but not under the point desktop sources but under registered Terminal Services Sources.

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can only use a Server OS in a terminal services pool. If you want to setup a desktop you will need to use a supported desktop OS. You can find supported operating systems in the admin guide, .

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Retcher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok, but why does I see a Windows Server 2008 under the possibilities when creating a automated desktop Pool?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It is my experience that sometimes Windows 2008 gets flagged as Vista. Do they show up as type 2008 under the screen where you have the option to choose?

Retcher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok, so is their any possibility to get this running? Do I have to tell my boss that this is not running.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is placing it in TS mode and setting it up as a TS source an option?

Retcher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not really, but how are this VMs flaged? How does the View-Server notice that this VM is a Windows Server 2003. The VM is off so the VMware Tools are not running.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Maybe it's keyed off the type of machine it's registered as in Virtual Center.

0 Kudos
Retcher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have just seen in Admin Guide that this config is no supported. So this topic has been solved by looking in the Admin guide.

0 Kudos