VMware Horizon Community
Jeff808
Contributor
Contributor

View Persona Management Opens Folder on Login

We're testing a deployment of View 5.1. We're using personas, and on the physical machines where we're installing View Client to connect to the Connection Server, after we install Persona Management and reboot, whenever a user logs on, a Windows Explorer windows opens automatically in the C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View directory. I've checked the usual places where stuff loads at logon in the registry, etc., did a Hijackthis scan to see what else is starting at logon that I might have missed, but I can't figure out what's opening this window. Does anyone have any ideas? More of an annoyance, of course, but the users will complain I'm sure!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

So just for clarification this is happening on the physical machine where you are installing View Client and then the View persona for physical desktops?     Same thing doesn't happen on the VDI machines?

0 Kudos
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Does it do this for all users that login or just you?

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com
0 Kudos
Jeff808
Contributor
Contributor

That's correct. It happens on the physical machines only. If View Client only is installed, the proble doesn't happen. It only happens after we install Persona Management.

0 Kudos
Jeff808
Contributor
Contributor

It happens for all users.

0 Kudos
Jeff808
Contributor
Contributor

Also discovered that the size and position of the window persists across logoff/logons. Interesting that I can move it and resize but if I close it, it pops back up at logon.

0 Kudos