VMware Horizon Community
daleallenc
Contributor
Contributor

View Portal Access Status: Not Connected

Running an evaluation of View in a demonstration environment. Added a new user and tested his access from my desktop and a couple of other machines outside of the environment. Works fine. He can navigate to the View Portal just fine, but when he tries to login through the View Portal, the Access Status reads Not Connected and an error box pops up saying that "The connection to the View Server is not ready. Please wait".

Since I can login using his credentials on other computers, I'm assuming there's something wrong with his computer and not with my environment. Any ideas or suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have a security server setup and the locked.properties file configured appropriately?

Also, are you trying the portal connection while still having the View Thick client connection established?

0 Kudos
daleallenc
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Security server is setup correctly. It's the only way I'm letting users connect, even if they're local (our evaluation is more about a need for a remote desktop solution than a local one). After almost two months, this is the first time I've seen this problem.

No - see answer to the first question, I don't have anybody using the thick client.

This has only happened so far with a single user, and I've got over 30 in the evaluation group.

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hrmm.. do the client logs show anything (../docs and settings/all users/app data/vmware/vmware view/../logs) more detailed?

What about on the View server side? are the logs showing any connection attempts?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Is the external URL correct?

Blog: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth

0 Kudos
daleallenc
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like my Connection server was getting flaky. I re-booted it, and and everything looks to be working normally - for now

0 Kudos
Wolfee
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into this today and had to have the user do a reset on Internet Exploder. (User was running Vista and IE 😎

Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Reset

0 Kudos