VMware Horizon Community
antonivanov
Contributor
Contributor

View Single Sign-On failes

Hi!

I have a problem with 3SSO in View 4.0. After trying to connect with the option "Log in as current user" i get an error message "the view connection server authentication failed to log in as current user". And i get an invitation to enter the credentials manually. Manual input works just fine.

Did anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
gvsunil
Contributor
Contributor

I also see the same error when I try to use 'Log in as current user', any help in resolving this issue is appreciated.

The primary DNS suffix of the client computer and the AD domain is same, so that is not an issue. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
lschwingler2
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone ever figure out a solution to this problem? I just re-image my thin client, installed View Client with log in as current user and get this error. If I manually type the password in it works fine. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
lschwingler2
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone ever figure out a solution to this problem? I just re-image my thin client, installed View Client with log in as current user and get this error. If I manually type the password in it works fine. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
alexklim
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same situation with vmware view 4.0. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
lschwingler2
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure what caused it but I gave the account I had auto-logging in to the computer (and in turn auto logging into View) admin rights, SSO started working, then removed admin rights and it continues to work every time. Perhaps all users need write access on the View folder. Hopefully that helps someone.

If someone has a more concrete answer please post!

EJCTownman
Contributor
Contributor

I've seen this when using RDP, you will need to make sure that the entitled users are members of the remote desktop users group.

0 Kudos
antonivanov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

This is what i did: added the View server to "Access this computer from the network" on the client machine, and it started working just fine.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
lschwingler2
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the "Access this computer from the network" setting on the client side?

0 Kudos
antonivanov
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. During the SSO process, the View Server tries to access the client machine. If this option is not set, access of the view server failes and so does the SSO process. I found that out by viewing the windows event logs.

0 Kudos
antonivanov
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, misunderstood the question. Here's were it is: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Settings -> Enter the name of the AD name of the computer/server :smileyalert: NOT user/group of the View Server.

0 Kudos
lschwingler2
Contributor
Contributor

I got into the Local Security Settings but which section does it get added to? (I attached the options I have) Thanks!

0 Kudos
antonivanov
Contributor
Contributor

Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment

0 Kudos
mforbes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using any kind of security banner? we just had this and had to disable the security banner message and just re-typed that message within the pre-login section of View to make sure the users still got it.

Good luck...

Mike Forbes

Mike Forbes
0 Kudos
antonivanov
Contributor
Contributor

No. We aren't using any banners.

0 Kudos
rickwestrate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried it with View 4.0.1?

Also, sometimes I find that something happened to the View Agent on the template that can affect this. Try re-installing the View agent on the template vm and then spin off some new VM's from it to try SSO against.

0 Kudos
antonivanov
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using View 4.0.1.

I've tried different combinations of users/VMs/pool configurations non worked. Now i'm checking the solution with the new domain policies. So far it works.

0 Kudos