VMware Horizon Community
arkadiy
Contributor
Contributor

more than 1 desktop per user in view

Hi

I am probably missing something. Is there a way to have more than 1 desktop assigned for user. For example i want to login using Administrator from clients on 2 different machines, each getting separate physical (well VM) desktop. If i try to login from second client, i get error that desktop is busy, probably because there is just 1 connection already although if i am not using RDP (set for PCoIP), does it have to be limited to 1 connection?

THanks

Arkadiy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
angelage1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You cannot have more than 1 desktops per pool assigned to the same user.  You can create a second pool and assign a second VM from that new pool to the same user.

Angela Ge Product Line Manager, VMware Horizon
0 Kudos
arkadiy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

THank you for your reply. Actually i found a setting in View pool configuration called "Allow user to initiate separate sessions from different client devices:", but seems like this is different...

Thoughts?

Arkadiy

0 Kudos
ggordon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Arkadiy,

That settings would give you what you want. That will allow a use to launch multiple desktops per pool. The caveat is that each different desktop needs to be initiated from a different client device. Also if you disconnect from a desktop you will only be able to reconnect from the same device that you originally connected from. I would use this with caution especially in a pool where the majority of users only need a single desktop and expect to be able to reconnect from the any device. This setting would effectively take away that roaming re-connection option.

Either setup a dedicated pool for this purpose or (as someone else suggested) just create a second pool and give the administrator a desktop from there too.

Cheers,

Graeme

0 Kudos
arkadiy
Contributor
Contributor

THanks. I am doing this for a demo, so no worries on concerns you expressed below.

0 Kudos