VMware Horizon Community
Clouderaesp
Contributor
Contributor

the Best VMware Horizon Version fit to my Site

i have VMware Vcloud 6 Ent Installed on site , based on your Experience what version of Horizon would be the best fit my Users ? myself prefer Version 6 but i see that recently VMware has Announced Major Updates on it's Horizon Line of Products ,

one last question is there a separate license needed for VSAN for VDI Enterprise Edition ?

i read somewhere that it's included with the Horizon License Pack and there is no need for a Separate license , but i need to be sure before getting into it with all my head!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you start now always start with Horizon version 7! Many improvements have been made in the last few versions. View includes all licenses for ESXi, vCenter and the Advanced & Enterprise both have vsan included. Check Horizon 7 | Virtual Desktop Infrastructure | VDI | VMware  for what is included in which version.

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

to choose the right Horizon license  we have to consider the below:

1- what kind of end users will use VDI (student, call center , )?

2- Horizon can deliver desktops and applications separately ,...do you need one of them or both ?

3- are all users work same time , or in shifts?

you have to know that Horizon is bundle of license include (Horizon view,ESXI, vCenter, App volume, UEM...) come in 3 flavors

Standard, deliver just desktops

Advance, desktops+ remote App  ++VSAN

Enterprise , all the above + App volume, UEM, Linux desktop   ++ VSAN

however if you want to use the current vSphere vmware have  license called "Horizon Standard Add-On " which equivalent to Horizon standard but without vSphere