VMware Horizon Community
kvogel
Contributor
Contributor

usb redirection is not been installed

Hi, on XP SP2 is View 3 agent installed with usb redirection/driver. in device manager i see the "vmware vdm virtual usb device manager" and "vmware vdm virtual usb hub". when i connect to the vm with view client (not browser!) and try to connect USB the message "usb redirection is not been installed" is displayed. Anybody a idea about this?

Best Regards

Kai

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Have you checked the policy on the pool to ensure that USB access in set to "allow" within the View Administrator?

0 Kudos
Christoph_de_Wa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

are you using webaccess or did you install the View Client on the machine you try to connect from?

If you use the webaccess it won't work because it needs a full install of the View Client.

Best Wishes

0 Kudos
kvogel
Contributor
Contributor

hi, policy allows usb and i use the client, not web access/browser (is always written in my post)

Kai

0 Kudos
Mike_Deardurff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Suffering from a similar issue. Did you ever find a resolution to this problem??

thanks!

0 Kudos
jkatz71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know that if you load the client via the browser first it definitely won't have the USB re-direction installed. And then if you run the installer, it still won't have it. You'll need to uninstall the client and then re-install. (Verifying it is installing the USB component.)

USB redirection in Vista 64-bit didn't work for me. I assume that would apply for XP 64-bit as well.

-jonathan

-jonathan
0 Kudos