VMware Cloud Community
koit12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to bind attributes from API-requests to existing Aria Operations Project objects?

Hi all!

I'm trying to add additional metrics to an existing object in Aria Operations.
I would like to take the result from an API-request from Aria Automation and bind it to existing Aria Automation Project objects in Aria Operations.
The problem is that the list of object properties on the existing Project objects in the "Attribute Bindings"-page doesn't contain any properties that I can use to link the attribute to the existing object.
If the list of object properties had contained eg. projectID or projectName it would have been possible to link the attribute the Project object.

If I switch the Project object with the Virtual Machine object I get a long list of object properties to choose from, included different versions of object IDs and object names from vCenter.

How am I supposed to bind attributes to existing objects when the property list of existing Project objects lack properties to be used in a successful match?

Regards

Bernt

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Bernt,

Unfortunately, there's not a way to link the attribute without a matching property or identifier. The list of properties and identifiers for objects is defined differently by each management pack. The Automation MP's Project object has relatively few properties and identifiers compared to the vCenter MP's VM object.

Management Pack Builder has a future roadmap item to add support for binding based on the object name. Would that be sufficient to enable the binding in your use case?

Best regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

tdunckel
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Bernt,

This feature is on the roadmap.  It should be in the 4 to 6-month range.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Bernt,

Unfortunately, there's not a way to link the attribute without a matching property or identifier. The list of properties and identifiers for objects is defined differently by each management pack. The Automation MP's Project object has relatively few properties and identifiers compared to the vCenter MP's VM object.

Management Pack Builder has a future roadmap item to add support for binding based on the object name. Would that be sufficient to enable the binding in your use case?

Best regards,

Mark

koit12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.

The possibility to use object name should work, but using the unique projectID/objectID from Aria Automation would be even better.
Can you reveal anything about the timeline of when this is implemented?

Regards
Bernt

0 Kudos
tdunckel
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Bernt,

This feature is on the roadmap.  It should be in the 4 to 6-month range.

koit12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the update.

Looking forward to the new version 😀

Regards
Bernt

0 Kudos