VMware Cloud Community
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

ESxi DNS Host only

I have two ESXi hosts -: 1x 6.7 and 1x 5.5 host(s)

All settings on 6.7 host are restored back to defaults, but 5.5 has static IP

Both hosts use "Host only" networking in VMWare Fusion, but just to try and get 6.7 to talk across VM's, i'm tempted to use "Bridged" on all just to see if that makes a difference.

What am i missing..  ? I setup both hosts  the same, with exception of static IP on 5.5, why would 5.5 work and 6.7 not?  I can ping both ESXI's from Windows VM, but not visa vera, which I believe where the issue lies...  however if that was the came 5.5 wouldn't talk either, but it does.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

>>> I can ping both ESXI's from Windows VM, but not visa vera ...

Just to rule that out, make sure that the Windows VM allows ICMP (ping) traffic on it's firewall. Newer WIndows versions have this blocked by default.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@TECH198 

Moderator: Moved to Nested Virtualization Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

>>> I can ping both ESXI's from Windows VM, but not visa vera ...

Just to rule that out, make sure that the Windows VM allows ICMP (ping) traffic on it's firewall. Newer WIndows versions have this blocked by default.

André

0 Kudos