VMware Cloud Community
Msibert
Contributor
Contributor

Adding active directory source to VROPS 8.1.0

Hello,

At my work, We've installed VROPS 8.1.0 and are running into an issue when trying to add our AD as an authentication source.

We receive an invalid credentials error when adding the source.  The error pops up immediately so I don't think its actually authenticating.   I'm attempting to find out which logs would be updated for this error to trying to get more info.  I'll also list everything we've tried so far, incase anyone has any ideas.

We've checked with networking and verified there are no network firewalls or ACLS blocking any ports between the domain controller, VROPS server or hosts.  I've also verified the esxi host firewalls allow AD traffic.  Also checked with our cyber folks and verified our EPO servers aren't intercepting anything.  We've also already installed this version of vrops on some of our other networks without these issues.  I've even blown away the server and reinstalled it.  We've also tried multiple domain admin credentials.  Checking our Domain controller, we aren't showing any authentication errors coming from VROPS

Any suggestions would

0 Kudos
0 Replies