VMware Cloud Community
HillChDeka
Contributor
Contributor

During srm test: Unable to access the virtual machine configuration: Invalid Datastore path

During a test of a recovery plan the error shown below is recorded against some of the VM. The error occurs when registering the VM. The attached images display the error message.

Unable to access the virtual machine configuration: Invalid Datastore path ‘sanfs://vmfs_uuid:4c8673db-1d594658-553f-00151729c51b/WINSERVER1.vmx’. Invalid datastore path ‘sanfs://vmfs_uuid:4c8673db-1d594658-553f-00151729c51b/WINSERVER1.vmx’.

This error does not appear to adversely effect the recovery plan test, as the test completes successfully.

Both srm and vsphere are v4.0 update 2.

What is the significance of this error?

How do I resolve it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bebman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is a KB on that issue:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101069...

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
bebman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@HillChDeka

Did that KB work for you?  I have implemented it and found that it worked just like the KB was documented and fixed my same problem.  I was doing it on an IBM SVC, so I am curious what storage you were using and if it fixed your problem.

P.S. If this did answer your question, please don't forget to award points!  Thanks!

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos