VMware Cloud Community
HillChDeka
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to access the virtual machine configuration: Invalid Datastore path

During a test of a recovery plan this error is logged when the plan is "Registering Virutal Machine."

Unable to access the virtual machine configuration: Invalid Datastore path ‘sanfs://vmfs_uuid:4c8673db-1d594658-553f-00151729c51b/WINSERVER1.vmx’. Invalid datastore path ‘sanfs://vmfs_uuid:4c8673db-1d594658-553f-00151729c51b/WINSERVER1.vmx’.

It does not appear to adversely effect the test, because the test completes successfully.

Attached are images of other servers with this error

What is the signifance of this error?

How do I resolve it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you please generate a log bundle after a failed test and upload? Also, please outline environment revision levels, array type and SRA versions.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
HillChDeka
Contributor
Contributor

I will do as requested. Want to apologize for posting this dang message three times. Each time I posted it I was warned that I was not authorized to post and to contact a moderator. I did not think it made it the board.

Charlie

0 Kudos
HillChDeka
Contributor
Contributor

Want to point out that the SRM test does not fail. The error is recorded in the server event logs.

On the vCenter server I use "Generate vCenter Server log bundle". It creates a bundle in exess of 300 mb. Is this the correct way to create a log bundle?

The protected site array is an EMC Clariion CX3-40c

The recovery site array is an EMC Clarrion CX4-120

All copmonets are 4.0 update 2.

I do not know how to retrieve the SRA version number.

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The latest vmware-dr* log in the Logs directory will suffice and your SRA version might be listed in the first row. Understand the test is not failing though the logs will likely give the answer. Just step 0 in tracking down a SRM issue.

If you're using MirrorView, do you know if it's A or S?

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
vijayagce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

May i know whether this error message came each and every time while executing recovery plan in test mode or else sometimes only it shows this error?

regards,

Vijaya

0 Kudos