VMware Support Community
pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Anyone else seeing Skyline Health Diagnostics Issues today ?

Both my clusters (7.0.3 and 8.1) started throwing this error this morning.  We have already gone in and set the cluster config option to 30 ages ago.  Even reconfiguring HA does not make this go away. I suspect something is bugged out on the VMware side.

Anyone else getting this alert ?

Performing a Reconfigure for vSphere HA operation on a primary node may cause an unexpected virtual machine failover

Tags (3)
17 Replies
ChrisLeblanc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting the same thing across all sites as well. The clusters I'm seeing with this already have the 30 config as you mentioned.

pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thank you for replying. Now I know it's not something on my end.

ChrisLeblanc
Contributor
Contributor

I have an SR in place. Its now being sent to the Skyline team. I'll update once I have more news.

VSnet
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing with two vCenter 8.0.1 and 7.0.3).

Thanks in advance for the feedback from the SR.

0 Kudos
Stuntedbluntman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Is there any update on this issue i am experiencing the exact same thing it i have disable the alarm at the moment

0 Kudos
russell664
Contributor
Contributor

Yes same here. I've been in re-configured my HA, even restarted all my hosts. 

Along with reconfiguring HA. Initially I thought is was due to the string changing on 8.0U2. But after putting that in, and again resetting HA, still the same result. I'm glad it wasn't just me with this issue, I like to have a clean bill of health and this was annoying me as it randomly popped up, with no changes to the environment! 

0 Kudos
russell664
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get and update from the SR you raised? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
ChrisLeblanc
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing so far but I have been in contact with a rep in the company. I've reached out asking for an update.

I would be happy to know at least they can confirm they see the same issue.

geraldsc
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Chris for opening the SR. We are experiencing the same issue as of the same date you mentioned in your original post.

0 Kudos
ChrisLeblanc
Contributor
Contributor

Update on my SR, I did get a request for some logs and to try a test reconfigure.

As I went to do this, all of our clusters are now showing as normal. I had one that still showed the issue but we didn't have the correct property for the build https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2017778

I don't have any news as to what was changed to rectify it. The prior update to this was they were trying to track down the right team for the ticket.

VSnet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

the warning has just disappeared from my 2 vcenter 8.0.1 and 7.0.3

geraldsc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

The warning just went away for my vcenter 7.0.3 as well sometime yesterday. 

russell664
Contributor
Contributor

That is odd, mine still shows. 

I have re-configured HA and put the string in as suggested by the KB article. 

I'm based in the UK, perhaps the change VMware have made isn't reflected here yet? 

0 Kudos
ChrisLeblanc
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I could offer some advice on this. I have been trying to find out from my SR what the root cause was. They are still wanting to look at our setup even though I feel the common point is not with us. 

russell664
Contributor
Contributor

It is definitely an odd one, we recently updated to 8.0.2 (In December) and there was no error. 

When this came up I realised that the string was different from 8.0.1 - So changed it. 

So the string for HA is for 8.0.2, but the error has never gone away since. 

I have tried reverting back to the old string too, disabling HA waiting 5 mins or so, and re-enabling it but the error persists.

It really is a strange one. 

0 Kudos
geraldsc
Contributor
Contributor

It is very strange as it went away on its own but I don't know why...very frustrating.

0 Kudos
russell664
Contributor
Contributor

I did a re-configure of HA again this morning, the alert was still here this morning. 

After removing HA, waiting 10 minutes again, I enabled it, now the alert is gone. Strange as I have done the same thing 5 times already!

Problem looks to be fixed for now.