VMware Support Community
karthi81
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error while adding multiple vcenter into Skyline

We have 4 production vcenters in same site, i was able to add 3 of them. when i tried to add 4th vcenter i got the following error.  Any suggestions?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Karthi,

Please check if you are able to login to vCenter with the account which you using to add it as an endpoint.

As per error its permission issue, sometimes permission doesn't get synced. You may add the account explicitly to vCenter with required permission.

Try to add it again once you validate the above.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
HarishV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Karthi,

Thank you for your post.

I noticed that you have enabled Custom SSO configuration. However, I see that you have not filled anything in the Advanced options.

Could you please try entering all the information and then try adding the vcenter server? Please use FQDN instead of IP address in all the fields and try adding the vcenter server.

If you need any assistance please let me know and we shall have a web-ex session.

Sincerely Harish Venkatachalam Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
karthi81
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Harish,

I previously added vcenter just by providing Custom SSO configuration (PSC info). i have added 3 of them in similar way but when i tried to add 4th vcenter i am getting the shown error.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Karthi,

This is only a warning, you may proceed and if it fails share us the error.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
0 Kudos
karthi81
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi ajay,

I get the following error when i click continue after i get the warning.  I was able to add 3 of them in same collector but when i add the 4th one i get this error

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Karthi,

Please check if you are able to login to vCenter with the account which you using to add it as an endpoint.

As per error its permission issue, sometimes permission doesn't get synced. You may add the account explicitly to vCenter with required permission.

Try to add it again once you validate the above.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
0 Kudos
karthi81
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It was a sync issue, i added the account in each of the vcenter which fixed the issue.

thanks

0 Kudos