VMware Support Community
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Why am I unable to link my account?

Got the email on Monday.  Downloaded and installed the collector, configured proxy and that all worked.

Tried to link to my account and received the error below.  I was not asked to select an EA

The My VMware account or EA number you have selected is not associated with a Skyline enabled entitlement account. Please visit https://www.vmware.com/support/services/skyline.html to signup to be a part of our next adoption wave.

The account is correct as I get a different error if I mistype the password - so that shows me that it is connecting via the proxy.

Your MyVMware username and/or password do not match our records. Please try logging in again or go to https://my.vmware.com to reset your password.

I have three EA's associated with my account so assume that is the cause but perhaps it is my account is not yet enabled?

--

J

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi J,

Thank you for your patience. We have refreshed the EA information from backend. Kindly attempt to link now and share the outcome.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I would need more details on the EA in order to validate and assist further. I will be reaching you in person by message. Kindly share the details

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'd like to not put them in a public forum.

In trying to privately message you I get an error (that being ever so helpful is not shown, just a red bar along the bottom on both FF and Chrome)

Is there some means I can privately send you a message?

--

J

0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi J,

Thanks for the screenshot. I have reached out to the internal team to address the error reported. I have also shared my email details for now.  Do we get the same error even if you try to start a new message instead of replying to the existing message.

Alternatively we could use the option Start a Discussion - - > Select Specific people Sri_vmware. Screenshot attached for reference.

pastedImage_0.png

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi J,

I am working on the background based on the information received. I will come back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi J,

Thank you for your patience. We have refreshed the EA information from backend. Kindly attempt to link now and share the outcome.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
0 Kudos
jbgorrie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After you completed that part I am now able to register our main systems.

--
J

Debashish_Rath
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the update.

Sincerely, Debashish Kumar Rath SkyLine Support Moderator
0 Kudos