VMware Modern Apps Community
CRad14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vSphere with Tanzu TKC deployment hangs with no errors

I am trying to setup TKC in my homelab. Very small vSphere with Tanzu deployment with vDS and HAProxy. I have been through the vSphere with Tanzu enough that I feel comfortable with the prereqs and deployment. Unfortunately, I keep getting to the TKC deployment and it just sits and sits.

I started a "kubectl apply" for tkc a couple days ago and this is the current describe

CRad14_5-1687605989716.png

No events, nothing....

I can post the full describe if needed.

Obviously at the bottom, it is acting like it hasn't even tried deploying any pods or have any other events/errors. A get command shows control plane at 1....

CRad14_4-1687605969545.png

but there are not any pods or anything else in the namespace

CRad14_6-1687606007087.png

Hopefully someone knows what the issue is, or at least a good location where I can find a good error message or log.

Thanks

Conrad www.vnoob.com | @vNoob | If I or anyone else is helpful to you make sure you mark their posts as such! 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkHargreaves
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a little late to the party here, but I've experienced similar issues.  I have found that a lack of physical resources available in the cluster cause intermittent provisioning issues that stun the environment.  In my lab, low memory has caused issues with enabling Workload Mangement, provisioning vSphere Namespaces, and deploying TKG clusters.  All of those had experienced that "hanging" issue that you speak of.  As soon as I bump the memory, everything works as expected.  </two cents>

0 Kudos