VMware Beta Community
nazu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to delete TMC-SM add-on instance

I am having issues with the installation of TMC-SM.

I got till the page 22 of installation – tried to install TMC-SM add-on instance.

It run for some time, then stopped and remained in ‘In progress’ state.

So now I am not able to either delete it, or create a new one (as only 1 instance is supported).

I tried deleting tmc Kubernetes cluster from VCD UI and the project from harbor and recreated those from the scratch but seems something else needs to be cleaned up.

Attached the log from the tmc instance installation.

Could you help with deleting it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffmace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Deleting the cluster does not remove entries from the VCD database related to the solution. There are steps on page 32 to delete the solution. Could you try those steps if you haven't already? You may need to follow the steps on page 31 to mark the solution as FAILED.

I will reach out to the engineering team to get some next steps if that doesn't work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffmace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Deleting the cluster does not remove entries from the VCD database related to the solution. There are steps on page 32 to delete the solution. Could you try those steps if you haven't already? You may need to follow the steps on page 31 to mark the solution as FAILED.

I will reach out to the engineering team to get some next steps if that doesn't work.

0 Kudos
nazu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot! seems it helped. 🙂