VMware Horizon Community
Kaufi
Contributor
Contributor

Packaged with 4.6.1 and 4.6.2 same package creates a processes with a different name.

Hi guys I have a problem.

I earlier thinapped an application that uses Java with 4.6.1 and it managed everything within the process by the name I defined in package.ini.

Today I thinapped the same application with 4.6.2 and it now creates a javaw.exe process in adition to the process by the name i defined in package.ini

Can anyone explain this to me and perhaps how I can change it if at all possible?

Thanks in advance

Jonas

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Theike
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Your post has not been answered yet. Unfortunatly tour problem is not realy clear, some possible hints:

First: Are you sure you did the exactly same capture...? Did you disable the Java Auto-update for example?

Started background services (services installed with the auto-start option, apps in the startup or in the 'run' key of the registry) might be started in the background upon application start, showing up as another 'application' in the taskmanager.

If the above is not the case: have you tried re-building the original project using 4.6.2. This rules out it is a difference in  the capture/project and makes it a clear difference in the engine. Maybe also the name of the main entry point/package was changed as this the name the spawned apps are shown. Maybe they are started as well, but using a different name due to the setting "ProcessExternalNameBehavior" in the package.ini.

Kind regards and good luck,

Michael Baars - Comprehensive ICT Solutions (NL)

Please remember to mark the post answered if so and reward points to those who helped you...

Michael Baars - Comprehensive ICT Solutions (NL, Weert) (Remember to mark the post answered and reward points to those who helped you...)
0 Kudos