VMware Horizon Community
mikeross11
Contributor
Contributor

Thinapp Unable to load DLL Issue

Hello everyone, I have a serious trouble making packages with thinapp, I have follow so much documentation and informaiton here and outside without success, if anyone can drive me to solve this problem I will appreciated

Issue

After built  Error Unable to load DLL c:\app_path\app.exe->file.dll The specifies module was not found

I have used many differents scenarios

a clean VM with only Windows installed on it

VM with app pre-requisits (actually it only requires Framework 2.0 sp1) I have also built an app or Framework withc works great

A VM with no domain, meaning (a brand new Windows) from cd installation and nothing else

A VM on the Network and as a Domain Member

but no matter witch methode I use I always get the same error with the same DLL

All DLLs are prensent on where the application looks for it %drive_C%\app_path

I have copied the dlls to the local machine on the System32 folder but nothing

I have added the ExternalDLLs= on the package.ini

I have copied the files to System and root drive on project

and much more with no succes, so I will be happy to do any of the things you can sugest to understand and solve this issue

please note that all the applications work great but as soon as I try to thinapp them I got this DLL unable to load Smiley Sad

thanks in advance for any information you can provide

Windows XP

Thinapp 4.7

App uses, DotNet, Java

app error just before logon challenge with dll issue

have tried isolation Full and WriteCopy

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sukrut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you give following details about this application?

App name, is it available for free download? Any demo versions?

If not then could you upload the ThinApp package or installer of the application?

If you find this information useful, please mark for 'helpful' or 'correct' answer to reward points.
mikeross11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Sorry, this application can't be downloaded anywere as it is private application, and some confidential data on it, if you don't mine to message me private so I can share the information or package.ini

Thanks for you help

Mike

0 Kudos
Sukrut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

It is difficult to figure out the problem from package.ini file.

Check your sandbox path, its pointing to E: which is cd drive, make it point to c:\ or any writable drive.

If possible do the quick test and let me know the results.

If you find this information useful, please mark for 'helpful' or 'correct' answer to reward points.
0 Kudos
mikeross11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

E is an extra local drive, I have pointed to the Nextwork to USB burn MSI file whatever I place it it always got same result, package is to heave to be placed here, any other files you can read the information out it?

Thanks for your answer

Mike

0 Kudos
Sukrut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just send you a message. Reply with all possible information.

If possible send exact screenshot of error message.

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

>>c:\app_path\app.exe->file.dll

Is this your dll or third party (from MS, SUN etc).

Enable virtual cmd, and try to go to the path mentioned and see if you could locate the said dll their. (What happens if you include this path in PATH variable from virtual CMD)

Generate logs using log monitor for app.exe and upload here. (you have to share the exact dll name though for me to dig domething)

0 Kudos